Accounting Coordinator 2
Accounting Coordinator 2
The Accounting Coordinator 2 is responsible for multiple aspects (recording, processing, classifying, analysis, analytics, and reporting) of accounting functions related to accounts payables and accounts receivables.
Accounts Payable: 50% of time
- Posts transactions into a computerized data entry program supporting the financial accounting system; verifies accuracy and appropriateness of amounts.
- Traces transactions to source documents and/or partners with internal departments to identify discrepancies; makes recommendations for correcting entries.
- Classifies, codes, and consolidates charges, rates and related financial information using an automated financial accounting system.
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures; facilitate payment of invoices on weekly check runs.
- Reconcile corporate credit card accounts; process monthly credit card statements and coordinate payment.
Accounts Receivable: 10% of time
- Creates accounts receivable invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Follow up with customers to collect payments and keep accounts in good standing.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
Financial Analysis: 40% of time
- Utilize math skills to analyze key financial data. Apply technical skills to create charts and graphs for visual understanding.
- Prepare financial reports on a determined schedule. Present financial reports and estimates to decision makers within the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Technical knowledge of the practices, terminology, and principles of bookkeeping; accounting practices, clerical and office procedures and methods, business mathematics and record keeping.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical accounting and financial concepts to others and convey a positive, service-oriented image of the department.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels within the organization and influence change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software; intermediate Excel skills, including the ability to create formulas, perform mathematical calculations, understand functions, create workbooks, use multiple worksheets; format and print worksheets; sort lists; and create graphs and charts.
- Experience with accounting software and ERP systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred.
- 1-3 years of related experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, or payroll required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Finance, General