The Accounting Manager is responsible for working with a team of employees to manage financial functions, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations and tax audits.
- Hires and trains new employees in the Accounting department.
- Supervises and manages the Accounting department’s assignments and priorities.
- Assigns financial responsibilities in consultation with the Vice President.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Participate in regular tax audits and payroll
- Prepare budgeting reports and forecast revenues
- Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Monitor the daily performance of the accounting department
- Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets
- Ensure compliance with the law
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Experience with accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance Required.
- At least 5 years of experience related to Accounting.
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
$80,000 - $95,000/ Yearly
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : Administrative