Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety, physical assessment and ergonomic skills
- Strong presentation skills for training, effective communicator
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, build trust and confidence with management, employees
- Experience in a multi-shift operation a plus
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Required to travel 25% to all warehouse facilities
- Bilingual In English/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge in surveillance camera monitoring software
- Proficient computer skills
Generally requires a minimum of five (5) years in safety and security, risk management or related experience in a logistics or manufacturing environment. Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety Environment and Health, Loss Prevention or related field preferred or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. OSHA 30-hour certification is a plus.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to perform essential duties throughout the workday. The employee may occasionally lift or move materials and products up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Fast-paced warehouse work environment with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to outside/inside cold and heat weather conditions
- Ability to work extended hours as required
ACT Fulfillment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.