The Applications Engineer is responsible for collaborating with our engineering department, project managers, and business development team to prepare cost proposals for our relay panels and control enclosure manufacturing projects.
- May be responsible in the hiring process of selecting personnel for the department
- Train, coach, and develop team members on specific topics related to estimating and engineering
- Review RFP/RFQ specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate in order bid to meet or exceed customer specification requirements.
- Coordinate directly with customers regarding specification/design questions and clarifications.
- Work with suppliers/vendors in obtaining pricing, including developing and maintain working files for estimate figures including information of prices from suppliers, price lists, etc.
- Review Building Estimators work for any omissions or errors. Work with estimator to fix these and to help them understand what needs to be done in the future.
- Prepare accurate, detailed, disciplined estimates, including developing scope of work, pricing, and labor schedules.
- Design and draw select fabrication and assembly drawings for control buildings and/or control panels as required for submittal with the bid, depending on the scope of the project
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to meet growth demands.
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Run kick off meetings for projects as assigned by the department manager.
- Research new procedures, proposals, and process improvements as we grow our operation.
- Propose ideas and suggestions for areas of improvement to standardize and increase bid success rate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to read Mechanical and Electrical drawings, schematics, and diagrams
- Ability to read and understand Commercial Documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to make independent judgments
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and other related programs (AutoCAD, Solidworks)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and using a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to traverse the facility as needed to observe production and provide guidance regarding manufacturing projects
$80,000 - $95,000/ Yearly
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : Administrative