Job Description: Behavior Interventionists or Behavior Therapists provide ABA therapy to individuals with autism or other special needs. Interventionists follow the behavior plan and run programs specifically outlined for the clients. All new associates will go through training and will have an opportunity to earn their RBT (Registered Behavior Technician) certification if they do not already have one.
• Provides individualized behavior intervention services to individuals diagnosed with autism or related diagnosis in the home, community or other natural settings
• Attends staff meetings, clinical meetings and other trainings required
• Completes necessary documentation including data, session notes, behavior graphs and keeps updated with other site, program, and participant-related documents and reports. Provides client-related communication to caregivers, the clinical team, and other health care providers as appropriate
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree OR Currently enrolled in a college/university. Preference for degree programs related to psychology, education/teaching, early childhood development, behavior therapy or related field
• At least 1 year of either professional or personal experience with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder or other developmental disabilities a plus
• Must possess basic computer skills. Demonstrated proficiency with Google applications (i.e. Gmail, Drive, Docs and Sheets). Must be able to learn and use iPad
• Ability to maintain positive interaction and professionalism with others, including oral and written communication. Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups. Demonstrate ability to interact well with children and their families
• Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures and regulations, and to demonstrate good judgment.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive situations and documentation
• Ability to pass a post-offer TB test
• Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Ability to travel locally and maintain auto insurance and vehicle registration
We require all clients and staff to wear masks during sessions and in our facilities. We strictly implement hand hygiene and disinfecting areas used. We provide staff with PPE.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $23.00 per hour
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Healthcare