Type: Full Time/Non-exempt/Entry Level
Hourly Pay Rate: $23 - $25
Reports to: HR Manager Summary: Assist human resources personnel in administering, evaluating, and maintaining benefits programs. Perform all transactional duties dealing with associates benefits. Able to answer questions and concerns that associates have about their benefits. As a benefits coordinator, assist associates with enrollment health insurance paperwork, explain the different insurance options available, report any issues to the human resources manager. Oversee leave of absences and 401k plan.
• Process monthly associate’s eligibility list.
• Conducts monthly benefit enrollment meetings.
• Prepare new hire health insurance packets.
• Process enrollments timely and accurately.
• Prepare benefit premiums deduction agreements.
• Prepare FMLA and Non-FMLA Leave of Absence packets.
• Maintain, track, and oversee Leave of Absences.
• Provide new hires with explanations of benefits and instructing them on enrollment process.
• Assist associates with health insurance enrollment.
• Coordinate and oversee annual Open Enrollment.
• Assist associates with benefit questions and concerns about their benefits.
• Attends meetings, workshops and seminars in order to remain in the know about the various benefits offered by the company.
• Oversee associate’s wellness programs.
• Administer 401k enrollments and changes to the plan.
• Processes claims and reconciliation of benefit billings.
• Assist with special projects assigned by the supervisor or manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possesses strong communication, organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
• Is knowledgeable of typical policies and procedures regarding benefit allocation.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft, Word, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point and Outlook. Rev. 01/2023
• Able to work cooperatively with others in an office setting, warehouse, and manufacturing.
• Has experience in applicable payroll database programs and HRIS systems.
• Is able to present information to a wide variety of audiences.
• Maintains confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
• Preferred bilingual English/Spanish, able to read, write and speak in both languages.
• High School diploma or equivalent degree. Degree in human resources or related field preferred.
• 6 months plus worked in human resources with benefits experience.
• Ability to stand, walk, reach, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
• Must be able to lift and or move 40 pounds unassisted.
• Ability to reach, feel, grasp, grip, carry, push and pull
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative