DIRECT REPORTS: General Manager
PAY: $18 per hour+ tips, bonuses •
JOB STATUS: Full-time or Part-time
POSITION SUMMARY: Our ideal budtender is energetic, kind, insightful, and offers cannabis knowledge. Our company loves to invest in our budtenders to put them on the fast track for promotions within our company. Budtenders assist guests, clients, vendors and management whenever possible. Budtenders assist the management team with the activities and operations of the store, while abiding by policies, procedures and operational guidelines. Our budtenders are responsible for helping customers, checking them out, cash handling, and customer service. You must possess the ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences and well as consistently learn products and develop cannabis education.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Service and Sales
• Greeting every customer with a big smile and kind attitude - Hello -Welcome!
• Know that the customer comes first before additional job duties are performed
• Responsible for supporting dispensary store manager and assistant store manager
• Responds to all customer questions, concerns, or suggestions and reaches out to management when in necessary
• Maintain a compliant and clean facility and assures side-work completion every shift
• Provides superior customer service for vendors, patient/customers, and caregivers
• Responsible for sales and customer experience by maintaining a tidy, safe, and inviting store environment
• Customer services standards set by company will be upheld
• Information-based training will be given to all budtenders in order to educate customers with budtenders expected to continue education on all products
• Maintain product knowledge of all products in-store in order to communicate to customers and patients
• Ensure the sales floor is properly stocked and the presence of the store is well maintained
• Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedures
• Community volunteering opportunities
• Make sure labels are always facing out and product is properly displayed
• Accurately and compliantly barcode all products
• Look to achieve daily sales goals
• Know that no vault access is allowed under any circumstances
• Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned Cash-handling and Point of Sale:
• Accurately use and maintain the Point Of Sale (POS) system
• Correct cash handling and discount application
• Accurate and timely data entry for inventory control
• Accurately process payments from customers; issues receipts, refunds, credits, and change.
• Operate a cash register and itemize total purchases by recording prices, departments, taxable and nontaxable items.
• Responsible for updates and proper communication on deals and specials Minimum Requirements:
• Be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to pass a comprehensive background/Live Scan check.
• Must adhere to Employee Handbook policies
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Previous retail experience; cannabis sales experience preferred.
• Proficiency in point-of-sale cashier systems.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and currency handling skills.
• Must be able to individually lift up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift for long periods of time.
• Must be able to stand for at least 4 hours straight Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Exceptional relationship building abilities
• Exceptional member service mindset
• Energetic and highly determined
• Ability to build strong, meaningful, long-term relationships.
• Effective oral and written skills
• Dedicated team player Discrimination Claim In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Company are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Company complies with all EEOC guidelines. Company complies with California law and protects individuals from illegal discrimination by employers based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age (over 40), Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status
Job Type : Part-time, Full-Time
Job Function : Customer Service