Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Our focus is growth. Is yours?
Everything we do at BBSI is in support of our clients and our teams. With 63 branches across the country, our large footprint and decentralized structure allow us to offer our clients a high-touch, relationship-based experience. We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients to provide solutions and expertise that enable them to prosper. Every business owner is on a journey and their success is BBSIs success.
BBSI is experiencing a steady rate of growth and is looking for key employees to complement our existing teams. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will lead sales efforts to identify and develop opportunities to expand BBSI’s client base, driving revenue by identifying prospects with which BBSI can forge a successful, long-term partnership. Because this role represents the BBSI brand to lead sources and prospective clients, the BDM must fully understand BBSI’s solutions and expertise, and be able to identify those prospects that represent ideal partners.
Our ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated, dynamic, process-driven, and a community collaborator who will grow and expand BBSI’s ability to support small business by offering a range of solutions to help business leaders better navigate pitfalls and build a stronger foundation for companies.
The BDM will present BBSI’s knowledge and offerings and the value those offerings represent to our clients. The BDM will develop business by marketing through BBSI’s channels including client referrals, business associates, direct selling, and other lead sources to identify potential client partners.
Are you a driven, success-oriented sales professional?
Are you ready to partner with a company where you have residual earning potential?
Do you know how to build multiple distribution channels and a business community that will continuously attract and retain strong referral partner relationships?
Are you able to lead a team through the process of identifying potential clients, follow a thorough discover process with prospects, conduct proposal meetings, close sales, and successfully grow our client base?
Are you looking to work with an innovative field-focused organization?
Would you like to work with a strong team of professionals who offer a team-based sales approach and deliver business management solutions?
Do you have 3+ years of ever-increasing responsibility and commissions, and think like an entrepreneur?
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Find, engage, and close new client prospects
• Build a channel of referral partner relationships that effectively generates qualified leads
· In the first year thoroughly understand BBSI’s ideal client base and business development best practices.
• Your primary role will be to develop new business by conducting 5+ business development meetings (leads) per week to build a referral partnership network.
• Through consultative-selling, focusing on the value rather than price, you will successfully align prospective clients with our business units to determine best-fit.
• You will need to manage/coordinate/schedule initial contacts, sales calls, client meetings, and business units schedules with the business unit team.
• Within first 60-90 days be able to successfully create your referral network plan, having identified 20-30 primary referral partnerships to build.
• At the year mark you will have completed training with the Area Manager and team and will be expected to bring on 2-3 new clients a month going forward.
• Outline and execute on a sales plan to meet or exceed sales goals
• Work with branch team to align prospects and move them into closing and onboarding
• Understand BBSI’s target client base, and focuses business development efforts accordingly
• Drive top line revenue for the branch while supporting efforts to effectively manage bottom line
• Comprehend financial concepts; P&L, rate of taxation, labor burden, etc.
• Clearly communicate value and expectations to clients and referral partners
• Strong analytical, negotiating, organizational, and decision-making skills
• Strong time management skills
This position reports to the Area Manager and works in partnership with other positions within the business unit and branch.
· 3 + years of experience as a Top Performer in one or more of the following fields, or comparable experience in an industry that requires long term relationship management:
o ASO or Payroll services Sales
o PEO Sales
o Commercial Insurance Sales, with specific knowledge in Workers Compensation
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Proven track record of being a top sales performer
· Possession of a valid driver’s license with valid automobile insurance meeting BBSI criteria. Roughly 85% of time requires automobile travel – primarily local, with some overnight.
For Individuals with these requirements, this position offers at a minimum:
• Generous base salary, residual commissions, 401k with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program and comprehensive benefits package
• Knowledge that you are working for a results-oriented and growing organization
• Opportunity to impact the success and growth of client companies and BBSI
• Gain experience working in multiple industries
– “California applicants: to see how we protect your data, visit our website at https://www.bbsi.com/privacy-notice-california-applicants.”
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Manufacturing