Reports to: Yard
Manager General Purpose: The office clerk will be doing a variety of office work including, working with money, filing paperwork, customer service, Shipping and receiving.
• Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the facility in a friendly, serviceoriented manner.
• Track weight information from scale to the computer system and get appropriate signatures.
• Attend scales that weigh and record recycling loads.
• Handle cash, credit, or check transactions with customers.
• Scan goods and collect payments.
• Ensure pricing is correct.
• Issue change, receipts, refunds, or tickets
• Redeem stamps and coupons.
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
• Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones.
• Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Keep reports of transactions!
• Answer customers' questions and get a manager if the answer does not solve the issue.
• Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction.
• Complete mandatory weekly/monthly or as needed, safety trainings via computer in an office environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent certifications. 2-3 years’ experience as a Cashier
Language Skills: Will be required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos, to write correspondence, memos, and schedule in English; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and fellow staff.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Problem solving, reasoning, and “thinking out of the box” will be a constant requirement; in addition, applying common sense understanding to better serve our guests’ needs.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
• Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches
Vision Requirements: Regularly uses close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Environment/Noise: Often works indoors. Often works outdoors in both hot and cold temperatures. Occasionally works in wet areas. Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability Preferences
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize job tasks and projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software and ability to learn in-house program/software. • Self-motivated and capable of working without close supervision.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, external suppliers, and customers in a professional and objective manner
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Customer Service