JOB SUMMARY: To cook, prep and fry products part of Northgate’s library of recipes. Maintain the confidentiality of recipes; to follow the health regulations established by the department of sanitation and Northgate Markets. Maintain quality expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the production of the food products according the recipes of Northgate Markets.
- Follow the recipes and norms of production established by Northgate Markets,
- Program the daily production through the use of the lists of production and or production planning
- Accurately rotate the products; label and date all of the food products following FIFO rules
- Maintain control of inventory of the products on display and in the refrigerators following FIFO rules lead Stock product according current assortment and customer necessities maintaining highest quality standards
- Offer rapid and friendly service to the customers; help the customer service line when necessary.
- Review the quality of the products before offering them to the customers.
- Offer suggestions to the customers on what they should purchase and notify them of the various sales.
- Be able to work in a team; communicate effectively with coworkers and leads
- Receive products from vendors or the warehouse in absence of the prepared foods lead.
- Minimize the waste and utilize known loss tracking tool to report waste.
- Maintain the refrigerators clean and organized according to the rules of sanitation and 5S
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
- Follow food safety guidelines assuring product temperatures are being recorded and followed.
- Meet safe handling practices when placing product to sell.
- Quality standards should be met at all times following Northgate Markets recipes.
- Maintain quality assurance of any outsourced product through communication with prepared foods leads. Maintain the work area clean and organized; clean and organize the work station before the end of your shift, including all of the work equipment; follow all of the rules of hygiene, personal appearance and uniform established by the department of sanitation and Northgate Markets. Ensure all equipment is properly working before use, if not follow guidelines to report.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- High school diploma preferred but not absolutely required.
- Should have a minimum of one year experience in overall department operations with successful or concurrent participation in a management training program; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Safety Handling certificate
- Must have sufficient math skills to understand the measurements and prices for each product.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand:
- instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools
- company handbooks, policies and procedures
- other written job‑related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
- Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with the nature and duties of every staff position in the department including procedures, policies and operations.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being drug‑free under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 70 pounds carrying bulk containers of food and beverage products and frequently exert or lift negligible amounts of weight.
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment includes occasional exposure to low temperatures in refrigerated and frozen food storage areas and frequent exposure to or near heated ovens and high temperatures.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Truck drivers must be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being "drug‑free" under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug‑Free Workplace Act of 1988.” All other employees not subject to the U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol rules and comparable state laws, must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, which will not screen for non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites.
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).
Job Type : Part-time
Job Function : Customer Service