Are you looking for a career that is not only meaningful, but allows you to make a difference in your community? Perhaps you are searching for a role where you can have a positive impact on others and make lifelong connections. Well look no further! Anthesis has the roles you’ve been looking for, so come and apply today!
Anthesis is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are given opportunities for success in competitive integrated employment settings. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about working with our population of adults with disabilities and helping them grow in developmental, technical and recreational skills. If you are looking for a challenging, exciting and rewarding career opportunity, Anthesis’ Community Coach position may be the perfect fit for you!
- Supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in natural settings through activities designed to promote vocational, social, physical and intellectual growth
- Supervising, training and following through with goals set forth in each program participants’ person centered service plan
- Planning group activities, scheduling and supervising outings, assisting with the use of public transportation and setting up volunteer job opportunities and recreational activities in line with person centered service plans
- Tracking progress, monitoring regressions and filling out paperwork with minimal guidance
- Setting a good example of work rules, and displaying to the clients the proper techniques, habits, and attitudes for work
- Leading monthly meetings with clients in IECBS program to discuss safety, codes of ethics, rules of conduct, etc.
- Community Coaches are also responsible for transporting program participants using their personal vehicle, however mileage will be reimbursed at the current IRS rate.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS AND OTHER DUTIES:
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of client information carried throughout the day and kept in accordance with Anthesis’ confidentiality standards
- Will assess client’s skills and abilities and track progress on goals as a part of Outcomes data reporting.
- Responsible for charting client’s progress for their consumer folder, and maintains accurate accounting of client’s attendance, working hours, and volunteer hours
- Determines needed materials, parts, tools, equipment, etc., in order to complete jobs/tasks and keeps clients supplied with such items
- Sets up proper workstations and materials for the day’s activities and controls the waste of material and time.
- Responsible for intervention in behavior management problems
SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Candidate must have a reliable vehicle that can accommodate a minimum of four (4*) individuals. Community Coaches are completely community-based, thus candidates must be comfortable transporting program participants in their own vehicles, including picking up from home in the morning and drop offs in the afternoon as well as normal program transportation*.
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred but not required.
- One (1*) year of formal work experience working with adults that have developmental [dis]abilities is preferred.
- Candidate must have a valid CA driver’s license and three years of driving experience with a clean driving record for insurance purposes. Any combination of relevant experience/training/education will be considered.
Please keep in mind that these duties are not all inclusive, rather, they are simply a general explanation of what is required in this position. A full job description will be provided to the candidate if they are offered the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Job Type : ""
Education Level : High School, Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""