Cook Full Time Position
Cook Full Time Position
Looking to spice up your culinary skills? Cedar House Life Change Center is looking for a Full-Time Cook in San Bernardino County to fill an opening immediately. We offer a competitive salary, a great Medical/Life Insurance Plan, with a generous PTO schedule to help with your work/life balance. Come join our team to use your cooking expertise to not only provide nourishment but to aid Cedar House with rehabilitating recovering clients in a positive way through the joys of cooking!
COOK’S RESPONSIBILITIES: (Included but not limited to)
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with inventory procedure
- Control food costs with proper recipe execution and waste management
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen by maintaining to specific standards, passing State and County audits, and training client helpers on proper sanitization guidelines
- Oversee clients who assist in the kitchen
- Follow food quality menu adherence and presentation guidelines
- Adept at working effectively in high energy and busy environment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
CULTURAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COOK:
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strictest confidentiality
- Champions the mission, culture, and objectives of the organization
- Demonstrates value and respect for all employees
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Performs effectively as a team player
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic knowledge of kitchen procedures and operations
- Food Handlers Card issued by the State of California
- Physical Requirements* (see below for details)
At Cedar House Life Changes Center, our mission & vision is to empower those affected by addiction through evidence-based treatments. We envision achieving healing and wholeness for individuals, families, and communities by exemplifying our core EPIC values: Excellence, Passion, Integrity, and Compassion. Our addiction treatment center staff is dedicated to treating every client with dignity and respect. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
* The Physical Requirements described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The positions specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
BENEFITS FOR THE COOK:
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan-Company matched
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Vacation 2 weeks + more w/longevity
- Sick Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
***The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable***
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""