Cook Part Time
Cook Part Time
Looking to spice up your culinary skills? Interested in currying favor amongst your fellow cooks? Look no further and rice to the challenge here at Cedar House! Cedar House Life Change Center is looking for a Part-Time Cook in San Bernardino County to fill an opening immediately. It boils down to the cook having a recipe of basic knowledge of kitchen procedures and operations.
At Cedar House, the season is prime to serve up your skillets and meat the challenges for those in need as a culinary expert! Your abilities as a culinary expert will add to the collective efforts of our organization to rehabilitate recovering clients. Your professionalism will impact the lives of our recovering clients in a positive way. Do not loaf, whisk yourself away to the nearest Cedar House application!
The qualified Cook will have a basic knowledge of kitchen procedures and operations.
DUTY STATEMENT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position works directly under the Food Service Manager. Cooks work as part of a team to ensure the smooth, safe, and sanitary operations of the kitchen.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with inventory procedure.
- Control food costs in and out of the kitchen with proper recipe execution and waste management.
- Assess need for and report kitchen repairs to supervisor and/or maintenance.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen by maintaining to specific standards, passing State and County audits, and training client helpers on proper sanitization guidelines.
- Oversee clients who assist in the kitchen.
- Follow food quality menu adherence and presentation guidelines.
- Step in for other kitchen staff as needed in urgent circumstances.
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Adept at working effectively in high energy and busy environment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Enjoy working with food.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen procedures and operations.
- Food Handlers Card issued by the State of California.
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Champions the mission, culture, and objectives of the organization.
- Demonstrates value and respect for all employees.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Performs effectively as a team player.
The physical requirements described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The positions specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Based in Bloomington, this position offers a collaborative working environment among devoted staff and Board Members, the opportunity for professional and organizational growth, receive paid sick leave, and paid holidays. This is a part-time, hourly position.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cedar House Life Change Center - Cook Part Time (paylocity.com)
Job Type : Part-time
Job Function : Administrative