The Dispatcher supports Operations and our customer by performing at a high level of efficiency and professionalism. The Dispatcher works closely with both Planning and Order Entry departments in efficiently tracking trips and deliveries with utmost accuracy.
- Minimum of 1-year planning and dispatching in logistics
- Strong current knowledge of DOT & FMCSA Compliance (Hours of Service)
- Knowledge of route and tracking software
- Proven verbal and written communication
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, data entry, etc.
Job Requirements/ Skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Windows XP or above, MS Office and Outlook
- Heavy Data entry
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Strong problem-solving experience
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written mediums (email)
- Ability to understand and learn specific industry-related software
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Efficiently track all dispatched loads with high level of accuracy
- Update (via trucking software) all open deliveries and pickups
- Interact with both company drivers and independent carriers with high levels of customer service when responding to breakdowns, unforeseen changes to “en route” deliveries, driver call offs, customer delays, etc.
- Accurately update trip departures by assigning driver, truck, trailer, and commodity within trucking software
- Answer any questions and address concerns presented by our customer, drivers, and/or management
- Provide timely delivery reports, KPIs, and incident reports to both customer and management
- Create and/or update and verify all trip details (extra/unplanned stops, pickups, mileage, rates, etc.) with utmost accuracy
- Work and communicate with local customer service, order entry, and planning departments for scheduling updates
- Assist logistics clerks with tracking, updating, and reporting customer detention, added trailer usage, storage fees, breakdowns, scheduling confirmations, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.