The Electrical Drafter is responsible for preparing drawings and schematics using CAD software for manufacturing projects.
- Draft electrical schematics, layouts, and drawings for electrical systems including HVAC systems, lighting, receptacles, fans, fire alarm systems, and battery systems using AutoCAD.
- Generate AutoCAD drawings of three line and wiring drawings for switchgear projects
- Follow AC/DC schematics and check wiring diagrams
- Review electrical control house wiring design and update drawings for red line corrections.
- Communicate with engineers on electrical design & follow established standards
- Work closely with engineering and production team members to ensure accurate, efficient and timely execution of required work; answer design questions that arise during the production process
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings including schematics and electrical product guidelines.
- Proficiency with National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE/ANSI Standard
- Extensive knowledge of CAD software and other drafting tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Associates degree in Drafting or Electrical Engineering preferred
- At least 3 years experience using AutoCAD or similar CAD software
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""