Electrical Engineering Supervisor
Electrical Engineering Supervisor
The Electrical Engineering Supervisor will oversee and coordinate the daily operations of the electrical engineering staff while ensuring company objectives and goals are met.
- Participates in the hiring and training of the electrical engineering staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Assists with performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- May handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Engages in all leadership trainings, meetings, and initiatives.
- Collaborates with Engineering Manager to coordinate engineering activities for the department; tracks progress of engineering activities and communicates information as appropriate.
- Leads and coordinates various electrical engineering functions; including specification reviews, drawing and design reviews, and testing.
- Regularly reviews schedules to ensure deliverables for the engineering department are met within the deadlines given; ensures projects comply with customer specifications, timelines, and budgets.
- Reviews the work and projects of engineers for technical accuracy.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Maintains knowledge of new trends, developments, technologies, materials, and best practices; applies this knowledge to continually improve product lines and production efficiency.
- May be assigned as the lead engineer on specific projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of medium and low voltage power distribution equipment including but not limited to MV Switchgear, LV Panelboards, LV Transformers, Transfer Switches, etc.
- Understanding of Protection and Control Systems including the ability to read Single Line Diagrams, Three Line Diagrams, and DC Schematics.
- Experience in developing drawings and bill of materials from customer provided drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, NEC and other industry applicable standards and codes
- Understanding of DC traction power equipment preferred
- Must have excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills to manage a team of engineers and technical staff.
- Familiarity with ISO policies and safety regulations
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Must have proven multitasking skills and can work in fast-paced, high demand environment.
- Must have excellent analytical and computational skills.
- Be results driven
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to gather, analyze and summarize data in order to draw rational, fact-based conclusions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of related electrical engineering experience
- Minimum (2) years of experience using AutoCAD.
- Relevant leadership experience leading a team of engineers.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Crown Technical Systems - Electrical Engineering Supervisor Application (paylocity.com)
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Manufacturing