The Estimator is responsible for preparing material and labor cost estimates for our relay and control panel, switchgear, and steel enclosure manufacturing projects.
- Gathers and reviews proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other related documents to determine scope of work.
- Communicate with customers during bid phase for clarifications and scope information to complete estimates.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements for each project.
- Create and submit cost estimates for review.
- Attend weekly bid meetings to provide status of open estimates and updates for each project in the pipeline.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date pricing information from suppliers, vendors, and purchasing department and update estimate sheets accordingly
- Work on multiple estimates simultaneously.
- Partner with engineering, business development, and project management teams to help understand the technical pieces of the project.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to understand technical electrical and mechanical drawings and requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Understanding of contractual language is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field preferred.
- Coursework in a related field/industry.
- At least 3 years of experience as an estimator or similar role
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School