Department: Mechanic Shop
Reports to: Yard Manager
General Purpose: The Field Mechanic will be responsible to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty machinery equipment. Will be driving to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
• Inspecting excavator, grapples, shears, bobcats, forklift, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
• Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
• Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
• Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
• Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
• Performing major repair work when necessary.
• Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
• Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
• Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles.
• Meet with clients to better understand their concerns and identify the issue.
• Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
• Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
• Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
• Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
• Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
• Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to machine and vehicle users.
• Perform vehicle assessments and alert clients on issues that will prohibit their vehicles from passing inspection.
• Complete mandatory weekly/monthly or as needed, safety trainings via computer in an office environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: 5-10 years of experience preferred. Must have experience with troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic systems, repairing hydraulic cylinders, fabricating, and welding with metal, troubleshooting, and repairing 12- and 24-volts electrical systems.
Language Skills: Will be required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos, to write correspondence, memos, and schedule; to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and fellow staff.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Problem solving, reasoning, and “thinking out of the box” will be a constant requirement; in addition, applying common sense understanding to better serve our guests’ needs.
• Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
• Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
• Must be able to lift up, push and pull to 40 pounds at a time.
• Consistently climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches.
• Consistently turning and moving of hands, arms, feet, and legs.
Vision Requirements: Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Environment/Noise: Often works outdoors in both hot and cold temperatures. Occasionally works in wet areas.
Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability Preferences
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must be able to successfully complete assignments or tasks with little supervision.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate with coworkers to accomplish all work goals and assigned tasks.
• Aware of the alarm sound and signals for starting the equipment or systems.
• Must be able to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Manufacturing