Non Ferrous / CRV
Reports to: Yard Manager
General Purpose: The general labor will be doing a variety of labor tasks that include site cleanup, metal sorting, filing paperwork, customer service, Shipping and receiving.
• Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the facility in a friendly, serviceoriented manner.
• Track weight information from scale to the computer system and get appropriate signatures.
• Attend scales that weigh and record recycling loads.
• Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Clean recycling yard by sweeping, raking, picking up materials and debris, or moving barrels and bins.
• Clean, inspect, and assist with performing routine maintenance.
• Deposit recoverable materials into chutes or place materials on conveyor belts.
• Keep reports of transactions!
• Answer customers' questions and get a manager if the answer does not solve the issue.
• Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction.
• Complete mandatory weekly/monthly or as needed, safety trainings via computer in an office environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: 1-2 years of experience preferred. Must have experience, recycling, and metal industry preferred. High School degree or equivalent.
Language Skills: Will be required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos, to write correspondence, memos, and schedule in English; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and fellow staff.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Problem solving, reasoning, and “thinking out of the box” will be a constant requirement; in addition, applying common sense understanding to better serve our guests’ needs.
• Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
• Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at a time.
• Consistently climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches.
• Consistently turning and moving of hands, arms, feet, and legs.
Vision Requirements: Regularly uses close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Environment/Noise: Often works indoors. Often works outdoors in both hot and cold temperatures. Occasionally works in wet areas.
Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability Preferences
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must be able to successfully complete assignments or tasks with little supervision.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate with coworkers to accomplish all work goals and assigned tasks.
• Aware of the alarm sound and signals for starting the equipment or systems.
• Knowledge of materials to be picked out from the conveyor, e.g.: copper, aluminum, and brass, steel, fluff, etc.
• Know about cleaning sweeping and using the proper tools.
• Must be able to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Services