This position serves as an essential function of the Grinding team. The team member is responsible for grinding precision aerospace parts to aerospace specifications. This includes grinding or removing surface flash, additional material, or grinding to eliminate surface defects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILLITIES
You must be able to:
- Identify surface defects on forged parts via surface inspection.
- Remove any surface defects using powered hand grinders, cutting burrs, polisher, and cut-off wheels.
- Use calipers and tape measures effectively.
- Remove flash extension and maintain the integrity of the forged part.
- Blend in a crack that has been removed in order that the crack does not close and create a void space.
- Always keep the work area clean and safe.
- Work safely and contribute to continuous improvement efforts always.
- Communicate and participate as a One Team. One Direction. team member.
- Maintain compliance with all company procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor provided they are reasonable.
- Ensures deadlines are met for all areas of responsibilities.
- Communicates regularly with cross functional teams on any concerns that require escalation to meet deadlines and customer expectations.
- Handle and maintain confidential information in a trustworthy and professional manner.
- Follows detailed procedures and ensures accuracy in documentation and data with an attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Familiarity with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance.
- Read, write, and speak in English.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written procedures in English.
- Ability to read forging drawings and Blueprints.
- Able to clock into Epicor, E-10, for job in- and out- times.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, relentlessly execute and deliver quality results in conformance with action plans.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability.
- Knowledge of the safe use of Grinding tools and equipment.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned. Example includes assisting other departments in a helping capacity.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical school and/or military service a plus.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
The career progression for this classification would be moving to other manufacturing assignments depending on interest and demonstrated skills in current capacity.
This position operates in a grinding room with exposure to OSHA-compliant noise levels and dust which is remediated using vacuum exhaust systems at each grinding location. Hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses, and/or face shield, and ear plugs are required while in the work environment. Noise levels are moderate to high.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods, sometimes up to 3 ½ hours at a time.
- Ability to make repetitive substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to communicate in written or verbal modalities to serve the internal and external customer.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, stand, and move about to navigate the facility including the manufacturing area.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org