- Provides group facilitation/psychoeducation of evidenced based curriculum to participants.
- Documentation of all group notes within required timelines
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Enforce all house rules and regulations as needed.
- Must always safeguard residents and visitor’s welfare.
- Pursue additional status/level advancement whenever possible.
- Maintain current professional registration/certification.
- Continue to acquire and update knowledge and skills necessary to address chemical dependency and related counseling issues.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as are assigned.
- Understanding of the nature of alcohol/drug addiction and recovery process.
- Completed twelve years of education or have GED.
- Agree to enroll and complete a drug studies certificate program.
- Will have 5 years to become certified or must be registered upon hire under an accredited drug and alcohol certification program.
- Ability to address stressful situations in a calm manner and be able to communicate in a positive way.
- Maintain current Adult CPR/First Aid/AED
- Maintain current certification and/or registration with CAADE or CCAPP.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Champions the mission, culture, and objectives of the organization.
- Demonstrates value and respect for all employees.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Performs effectively as a team player.
- Values the ideas and opinions of others and routinely collects their input as part of decision-making process.
The physical requirements described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The positions specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Based in Bloomington, this position offers a collaborative working environment among devoted staff and Board Members, the opportunity for professional and organizational growth, and a competitive compensation package inclusive of health benefits, vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays. This is a full-time, hourly position, salary to be commensurate with experience.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Thursday - Monday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
Days off: Tuesday and Wednesday
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""