Job Coach (Individual Placement)
Job Coach (Individual Placement)
Are you looking for a career that is not only meaningful, but allows you to make a difference in your community? Perhaps you are searching for a role where you can have a positive impact on others and make lifelong connections. Well look no further! Anthesis has the roles you’ve been looking for, so come and apply today!
Anthesis is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are given opportunities for success in competitive integrated employment settings. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about working with our population of adults with disabilities and helping them grow in developmental, technical and recreational skills. If you are looking for a challenging, exciting and rewarding career opportunity, Anthesis’ IP Job Coach Position may be the perfect fit for you!
Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Employment Programs and Work Services Manager, the Individual Placement Job Coach will train, supervise and oversee an assigned caseload of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who work at various job sites in the local community. The Job Coach instructs the program participant employees in work activities and promotes vocational, social, physical and intellectual growth while ensuring that all tasks are completed.
The Job Coach is responsible for ensuring that the individual placement is up to speed on all proper training at their work site and for their position, all the while following up with employers and intervening/training program participant employees when necessary. Expectations and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Driving to and from various program participant worksites
- Working with and teaching participants how to properly perform the essential functions of their job and representing Anthesis professionally at all times
- Documenting time sheets related to participant payroll/program billing and production records, and also document the work performance of program participants
- Maintaining supportive relationships, and conducting careful training and correct job placement
- Charting participant progress, setting good examples of rules and directives by displaying to program participants the proper techniques, habits and attitudes for work
- The position requires an individual who is empathetic, patient, proactive, and works well with others. Individuals must be able and willing to drive own personal vehicle to and from different job sites based on assigned caseload and have the ability to work safely in a variety of settings, both indoor and outdoor. Current work schedule depends upon individual placement work schedules, which will include some evenings and weekends.
Qualifications/Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. One (1) year or more experience in a similar field desired (i.e. training or working with adults with disabilities) preferred.
Candidates must be 21 years or older and have a valid California Driver’s License – three (3) years plus driving experience with clean/insurable driving record, along with current proof of registration and insurance.
- Multiple locations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
Company takes temperatures, follows social distancing when possible, and requires masks to be worn.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""