Job Coach -Montclair
Job Coach -Montclair
Responsible for providing support services and on-the-job training for clients working in a community setting. Adhering to customer requirements as specified in individual site contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide social and vocational skills training as required for the client to maintain employment.
- Assign correct job placement/assignments to enhance or improve client capabilities.
- Effectively address problems that hinder employment such as inappropriate or aggressive behavior, grooming and hygiene, attendance issues, productivity, etc.
- Address client complaints and grievances in accordance with OPARC policy.
- Assist case managers in developing and implementing Individual Habilitation Service Plan (IHSP) objectives.
- Advocate on behalf of the client as needed.
- Provide accurate and complete documentation for client records as required.
- Maintain and have immediate access to a working client file that includes emergency medical information and IHSP objectives.
- Assist in coordination, implementation and direct support of activities and fundraisers for all clients.
- Must spend 75% or more of the work day providing direct care to consumers.
- Set a good example by following rules and directives of community employer, displaying to clients the proper techniques, habits, and proper work ethic for community employment.
- Continually analyze the assigned work environment and make recommendations to Supported Employment Manager for any improvement to increase quality and quantity of work produced by each client or to enhance the work experience for the client.
- Maintain the highest level of quality standards through continual inspection of client’s work in accordance with individual site contract requirements.
- Analyze and correct situations that have a negative impact on overall performance of the individual client or the overall group as it relates to performing contract duties.
- Maintain current Enclave Daily Schedule for all site related responsibilities. Communicate any changes or adjustments to the Enclave Daily Schedule as requested by customer to the Supported Employment Manager.
- Correctly operate manufacturing equipment as related to specific job requirements.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, while ensuring the safety of all persons assigned.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent, A.A. degree and one year experience in the field of development disabilities preferred experience in vocational work training or teaching helpful.
- Demonstrates basic competency in the following areas; behavior modification techniques; record keeping; maintaining confidentiality mathematics skills; effectively communicate both written and orally problem solving abilities.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license, 5 years driving experience, clear driving record, safe reliable transportation and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Current CPR and First Aid training required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. by self, standing, walking, sitting, pushing, bending, pulling, squatting and working outside in the elements required.
- Repetitive motion may be necessary; use chemicals in accordance with manufacturer’s labeled instructions.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Job Function : Services