Lead Continuity Tester
Lead Continuity Tester
The Lead Continuity Tester is responsible for leading a team of employees in the testing electrical systems and equipment to detect faulty wiring.
- Oversees the work of assigned team employees
- Addresses minor discipline problems with team members; refers more serious cases to the supervisor
- Assists with the planning and preparation of training and orientation for new team members in partnership with the department trainer
- Collaborates with team members to discuss upcoming work assignments; delegates assignments based on team members skills and experience
- Assists team members with technical issues or advanced problems with given assignments
- Inspects work performed by team members
- Tracks and logs worker’s time, materials, and other resources used for inventory purposes; ensure they are aligned with panel production scheduled hours
- Partner with supervisor or production manager to resolve any issues that arise within department.
- Coordinate work with other department leads to ensure projects are tested on time
- Coordinate with wiring and assembly teams to fulfill testing requirements for projects to meet manufacturing completion date
- Provide updates to internal departments (ex. PM, QA, EE, ME ect.) on the status of each manufacturing project related to testing requirements
- Completes inspections and testing of wiring assemblies to determine continuity
- Identify any product defects; record and report them accordingly
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Make recommendations to improve processes and procedure changes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform work accurately
- Knowledge of manufacturing, equipment maintenance, and safety management
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and engineering diagrams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- High School Diploma or equivalent; completion of a technical vocation program preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in electrical testing, wiring, or related field
- Prior experience in effectively leading a team of employees
- Prolonged periods standing and performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at a time.
- Ability to differentiate between colored wires, tabs, and electronic components.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Manufacturing