Legal Risk Manager/Construction
Legal Risk Manager/Construction
Job Category: Full Time – Direct Hire Opportunity
Compensation: $100,000 - $120,000/Year + Full Benefits, ESOP, PTO and 401K
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the team! BBSI is seeking an experienced Legal Risk Manager for a construction company that is exploding in growth.
The Legal Risk Manager is responsible for managing and providing preconstruction and operations risk and problem-solving services and support. The Legal Associate/Risk Manager must be a strong communicator and influencer, willing to provide risk-based advice to leaders and projects in areas of responsibility. Project experience is necessary so that the individual can recommend and/or assist with implementation of risk management and contractual actions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Review of incoming contracts, markup changes as needed, and discuss with General Manager proposed changes.
· Collaborate with broker in adding insurance verbiage to contracts, review, and finalize.
· Negotiate contract revisions with General Contractor
· Work in partnership with General Manager and Project Manager when disputing claims, and discuss best course of action in alignment of contract.
· Manage all aspects of contract review as relates to insurance and bonds issues, including coordination of contract review with legal.
· Analyze and understand insurable risks and potential risk mitigation opportunities; interact with operational groups to ensure coordination between project activities, exposures, and appropriate insurance coverage.
· Work with client/owner insurance representatives to ensure proper placement and coordination of any project specific insurance policies.
· Manage master Builders Risk program, including reporting and premium allocations.
· Review and analyze terms and conditions associated with proposed Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIPs and CCIPs); function as liaison between all participants.
· Analyze and provide appropriate prequalification feedback on general contractor partners.
· Oversee internal claim management efforts (general liability, automobile liability, builder’s risk) to include oversight of third-party administrators, insurers, and defense attorneys.
· Review and analyze loss control and trending reports and coordinate with Safety to develop appropriate action plans.
· Responsible for tracking current bonds against company aggregate limits.
· Work with AP/CS to identify opportunities for damages paid recoup via manufacturer/legal/insurance claims.
· Maintain knowledge of trends in construction insurance industry, including thorough working knowledge of insurance products, coverage and pricing.
· Work closely with General Managers to identify educational needs, and assist with presentations and sessions focused on insurance and risk issues.
· Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Business Administration, or related field
· 5-10 years of experience in insurance or risk management or claims, with emphasis on construction; or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
· Insurance, Risk Management, Surety broker experience, and construction finance/accounting experience a plus.
· California Class C Driver License, with good DMV record is required.
· Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
· Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Position requires the ability to travel to all business locations as needed
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Manufacturing