Please send resume to: email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Clerk
LOCATION: Fontana, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary focus of position is to provide administrative support to the Fleet & Maintenance department.
• Assist Maintenance Coordinator in ensuring and facilitating preventative maintenance schedules.
• Assist Maintenance Coordinator in daily compliance with procedures specified in maintenance management system.
• Provide maintenance assistance as requested by service center and agent locations.
• Document maintenance events in maintenance management system.
• Review and process invoices from maintenance vendors.
• Review GPS tracking of Daylight-owned equipment; verify location of equipment in the dispatch/GPS system by completing yard inventories.
• Report missing or damaged equipment in a timely manner.
• Assist in tracking and updating major repairs
• Coordinate with the Safety and Maintenance departments to ensure annual certificates are obtained in compliance with the Department of Transportation.
• Ensure proper completion of trailer inspection forms and condition reports.
• Follow and communicate safety initiatives to ensure a safety-conscious culture.
• Effectively communicates tasks, completions, needs, and follow up information to team and management
• Provides clerical and administrative support to the Linehaul department as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. College degree desired. Maintenance experience preferred, but not required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Knowledge of transportation terminology desired.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Computer literate, PC and mainframe. MS Windows.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Daylight Transport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s