The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repair and upkeep of equipment and building facilities.
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs; partner with supervisor to determine
- Plans repair work using buildings blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs to include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment and building systems
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors, as necessary
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of general carpentry and repair
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical/technical skills, and logical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and shift from task to task as needed
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in preventative maintenance or related field
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to traverse property and facility to diagnose building issues and plan repairs or maintenance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""