The Materials Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of materials among departments to ensure production schedules and deadlines are met.
- Follow up with vendors and buyers regarding lead times for materials and obtain tracking information; coordinate delivery dates, as needed.
- Tracks material shortages and prepare material shortage report
- Interfaces and coordinates with various department to resolve material and capacity constraints
- Attend weekly production meetings and provide accurate information regarding material lead times and any issues that could potentially affect production
- Attend weekly production walk-through meetings to identify any material issues that could potentially affect production
- Notify appropriate internal teams (project managers, production managers, etc.) of any issues and material shortages that could potentially affect production
- Document and verify all loose material and items are accounted for prior to shipment of manufacturing projects
- Research discrepancies associated with invoices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and an MRP/ERP System
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in planning, production, inventory, or expediting
- Periods of standing, walking, and sitting at a desk using a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School