Mechanical Designer 1
Mechanical Designer 1
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for preparing drawings using CAD software for sheet metal, structural steel, building assembly, and other manufacturing projects.
- Review customer specifications to create 3D models and 2D fabrication and assembly drawings for assigned manufacturing projects.
- Create, coordinate, and revise mechanical drawing layouts and notes with project engineers (both mechanical and electrical).
- Create 3D models and release fully detailed structural fabrication drawings to the production floor.
- Create 3D models of sheet metal parts and release flat patterns and detailed drawings to the production floor.
- Review and modify designs to reduce production problems; provide timely updates for drawing revisions, while following Crown Technical Systems Revision Control processes.
- Assist fabrication and production department personnel with design questions and problems.
- Create, edit, and verify Bills of Materials for projects and assemblies.
- Generate “As Built” drawings at the end of a project for customer records.
- Develop standard parts, assemblies, and drawing details for engineering library
- Provide suggestions on areas of improvement to standardize and increase the efficiency surrounding productions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks to create 3D parts, assembly models, and detailed drawings and BOMs for fabrication and assembly.
- Strong Knowledge of sheet metal design and fabrication, and the creation of detailed drawings and flat patterns in Solidworks for manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of creating fully detailed building layout, wall elevations and plan view drawings in 2D
- Familiarity with ISO and ANSI drawing standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively in the face of shifting projects and deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- High school diploma required; Associates degree in Drafting strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years experience using SolidWorks and 1 year experience in AutoCAD. Familiarity with SolidWorks Sheet Metal preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Manufacturing