Projects Group Manager
Projects Group Manager
The Projects Group Manager is responsible for the overall direction and management of manufacturing projects as well as leading the Project Management team.
This position will be expected to travel about 10% of the time to different project locations across the United States.
- Hires and trains the project management staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Develops, builds, enhances, and deepens relationships with clients.
- Acts as point of escalation with customers as issues on project arise.
- Negotiates change orders, delivery schedules, and other project related items on high level complex projects.
- Works with Business Development and Estimating during negotiations with customers on large projects.
- Provides leadership, organization, and coordination to support key Project Management activities.
- Develops project management processes that work seamlessly across all functions of the organization delivering world-class service to customers, both external and internal
- Maintains a system that tracks workload balancing and develop metrics for the PM team
- Develops successful and strong working relationships with internal team
- Ensure that Project Management best practices are standardized across projects in order to maintain consistent delivery excellence in every project
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Lead the most complex projects and guides the work of subordinates.
- Conduct cost analysis and profitability study on respective projects
- Manage change and promote the continuous improvement of project management related processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Some experience/expertise in Crown’s line of business will be a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Project Management, or other related field with 7 years of relevant experience in a project management role; OR demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- PMP Certification and/or formal coursework/training in project management preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse the production floor as needed.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : Administrative