The Quality Control Inspector 1 is responsible for providing quality control and assurance throughout all phases of the production process including inspections of raw materials, in-process, and final products.
- Performs visual inspections and other specified tests of incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products to confirm product meets drawings and specifications
- Uses observation and testing to identify faults in materials and manufacturing process
- Documents inspection results by completing inspection reports, logs, and checklists
- Communicates with supervisor to determine appropriate recommendations and remedies for questions regarding products
- Maintain quality records as needed
- Keeps inspection and measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; and notifying management when repairs are necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Thorough understanding of the product and/or process being inspected
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, and technical documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail with the task at hand
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as needed to complete reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years’ experience of quality inspections in a fabrication/manufacturing environment.
- Prolonged periods standing and performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
- Dexterity and accuracy as needed to operate testing equipment or gauges.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform inspections
- Must be able to traverse production facility to conduct inspections
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Job Function : Manufacturing