YOUR LOCAL TIRE EXPERTS.
Border Tire is all things tire. We are a Michelin Commercial Service Network Dealer (MCSN) specializing in medium-duty, heavy-duty, agricultural, and industrial size tires. We carry a wide variety of brands to meet your needs.
The Retread Technician will be responsible for manufacturing tires through our assembly line and producing a finished product that meets all company expectations, guidelines, and ensure customer satisfaction. The position functions in a manufacturing environment retread facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through a series of manual and automated processes.
- Train for all aspects of retread tire manufacturing including inspecting and buffing tire carcasses, applying rubber compounds, curing, and quality control.
- Inspects tires to be retreaded or repaired to determine condition, repairs needed, etc.
- Operates a buffing machine to remove treads from tires to be retreaded, following specifications for depth and width of removal.
- Measures diameter and cross-section to determine correct tread width.
- Applies rubber cement to tire casing and hangs up to dry.
- Selects proper size tread rubber and applies it to the tire.
- Places proper curing tube in the tire and inserts proper rim for curing.
- Places tire in chamber and programs correct curing temperature according to specification.
- Sets timer for curing time according to chart, and makes a record of each tire, showing the size and curing time.
- Removes finished retread from the curing chamber. Also removes the rim and curing bag from a finished retread.
- Inspects tires to determine defects in curing, i.e. soft cures, ply separation, repairs missed, etc.
- Trims and paints finished retread.
- Checks finished tire with a work order for proper identification and completion of work required.
- Operate independently and as a team member.
- Inspects and tests tires to ensure conformance to standards.
- Visually inspect tires to be retreaded to determine condition.
- Skive, buff, and fill any injury in the tire as required.
- Receive and unload supplies including tread rubber, cushion gum and repair materials, envelopes, curing rim, tire casings, rims, etc.
- Assists in distribution center activities as assigned.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on plant equipment following managers’ and manufacturers’ instructions.
- Follow processes to ensure retread tire completion.
- Continues to work on revenue-producing work as needed.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Maintain an organized and safe work area according to the dealership, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willing and able to work without direct supervision.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees are eligible.
*** We are available when you need us most: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year. ***
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Salary:$17.00 per hour
- Shift:7:00 AM - 4:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - Saturday Availability
- Department:Retread Plant
- Benefits:401(k), Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Vision insurance
Click here to apply: https://mvtholdings.jobs/
Job Type : Full-Time