Seasonal Tortilleria Clerk
Seasonal Tortilleria Clerk
JOB SUMMARY: To maintain and operate the tortillería department in an efficient manner within company policy; to ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store and Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following
Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress regulations; must wear an approved hat or hair net.
Cook “Nixtamal”; operate the mill (dough); package, count and even up “tortillas”.
Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
Learn all the products’ names and prices used in the tortillería department.
Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy, department standards and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
Assist in training associates when assigned.
Maintain good communication in the department and throughout the organization.
Comply with safety policies and procedures; read all of the safety committee bulletins.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- Should have a high school education including some exposure to college courses (but does not necessarily have to be credentialed);
- Should have a minimum of one-year experience in overall department operations with successful or concurrent participation in a management training program; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Safety certificate
- Safety Training Certificate
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, gross margins, markup, percentages, proportions, ratios, volume.
- Ability to verify vendor invoice charges and counts, and complete required accounting reports including inventory, receiving, and variations in cash or column totals.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures, and other written job‑related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
- Ability to compose and write reports, business correspondence, and effective departmental memos including "menus", and customer signs or sales suggestions.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; must have a good work ethic and be able to work independently without much supervision or direction.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being drug‑free under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 50 pounds carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift moderate amounts of weight.
Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment includes occasional exposure to low temperatures in refrigerated and frozen food storage areas and frequent exposure to or near heated ovens and high temperatures.
The employee must be available to work weekends and evenings; overtime work is common.
- Be able to work with fresh meats, fruits, vegetables, flour, oils, spices and other agents without negative allergic consequences
- Typically, the noise level in the work environment is moderate.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Truck drivers must be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being "drug‑free" under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug‑Free Workplace Act of 1988.” All other employees not subject to the U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol rules and comparable state laws, must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, which will not screen for non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites.
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : High School
Job Function : Services