Sheet Metal Assembler
Sheet Metal Assembler
The sheet metal assembler is responsible for assembling fabricated metal parts for enclosure buildings according to specifications.
- Review, analyze, and follow various blueprints, diagrams, drawing, procedures, and work instructions to complete enclosure building assemblies
- Assemble sheet metal panels for enclosure building doors, walls, roofs, and trusses
- Uses various power tools and hand tools (ex. Drills, impacts, screwdrivers, grinders, etc.) to accomplish assigned tasks
- Conduct quality assurance checks to confirm that assembled products meet specifications and quality standards
- Identify any product defects; record and report them accordingly
- Monitor and maintain inventory of necessary supplies, tools, and parts in work station
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform work accurately
- Knowledge of manufacturing, equipment maintenance, and safety management
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, wiring drawings, schematics, and engineering diagrams
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Basic understanding of tools (ex. Tape measure, impact drill, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with the ability to safety operate powered equipment (forklift, reach truck, scissors lift, overhead crane, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in assembly
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred
- Prior experience operating powered equipment (forklift, reach truck, scissors lift, overhead crane, etc.)
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending, kneeling, and performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must have manual dexterity in order to assemble products or machines as directed.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to differentiate between colored wires, tabs, and electronic components.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor