The Shop Helper will be responsible for assisting with prepping, grinding, sanding, and cleaning of sheet metal and steel material. This individual will also assist machine operators and welders with assigned tasks to complete the fabrication of materials.
- Cut material in preparation for fabrication or processing
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment
- Assist machine operators (press brake, punch press, and laser) with loading and unloading items from the machines
- Assist welders with structural welds by holding materials in place
- Transfer raw materials, finished products, tools, or equipment between work areas on the production floor using powered equipment (ex. Forklifts)
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Complete other related duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail and ability to peform work accurately
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Basic understanding of tools (ex. Tape measure, impact drill, sander, etc.)
- Ability to operate powered equipment including a forklift
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience in a related capacity
- Prolonged periods standing and performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform assigned tasks
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection while working on the production floor
Crown Technical Systems is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Crown Technical Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : Manufacturing