The Sr. Operations Manager will oversee the day-to-day production activities, ensuring that all departments are managed and performing efficiently and effectively. This position is responsible for aligning the manufacturing production operations of the organization with established corporate mission and subsequent goals.
- Participates in the hiring and training of departmental managers.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of the production departments
- Works closely with functional partners on production schedule & resource management
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive, with a focus on creating bench talent through organic growth
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures within the Production Operations teams.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Oversees manufacturing, facilities, & maintenance ensuring each is reaching goals set by departmental and company leadership.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and resources in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Creates the infrastructure of personnel and resources to enable the company to manufacture its products competitively and efficiently.
- Manages the training of staff in the Operational areas of fabrication, building assembly, switchgear and panel assembly/wiring.
- Creates an environment that furthers employee retention and growth
- Leads from a position of service; both internally and externally.
- Serves as the steward of company culture to all production departments.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and quality divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Responsible for managing budget and making budgetary requests for equipment, labor, operating supplies
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must exhibit strong leadership and supervisory experience
- Must have strong experience in planning/scheduling work in a job shop environment
- Must exhibit strong ability to actively listen, delegate, problem solve and create an effective team spirit.
- Must exhibit good ability to attract new talent and build on existing staff through effective training and coaching.
- Must have demonstrated capability of improving production efficiency and throughput
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience within a manufacturing or production-based environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access and navigate the production facility.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/850395
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Manufacturing, General