The Structural Welder 1 is responsible for welding structural steel (c-channels) to fabricate the framing for sheet metal enclosure buildings using welding equipment and techniques. This position uses the FCAW process.
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts prior to assembly
- Weld structural steel (c-channels) in flat, vertical, or overhead positions using welding techniques and equipment
- Clamp, hold, or tack weld parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Determine required equipment and welding techniques, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and drawings inclduing weld symbols
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding techniques including designs, uses, maintenance, and repair
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the FCAW process for structural welding.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to make jigs and setups
- Overhead crane operation a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship OR 2+ years’ experience in dual shield welding process
- Certification required: AWS D1.1 FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding)
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must wear PPE, such as respirator, welding equipment, gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Job Function : Manufacturing