Switchgear Wireman 1
Switchgear Wireman 1
The Switchgear Wireman 1 is responsible for installing electrical components and wiring for our switchgear projects.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine material requirements or assembly instructions
- Assemble electrical systems and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or conduit using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment
- Run wire and cable according to schematics and blueprints.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths
- Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan, review work activities, or to resolve production problems
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified
- May perform mechanical assembly of components for switchgear cabinets as needed
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform work accurately
- Knowledge of manufacturing, equipment maintenance, and safety management
- Reading comprehension skills with the ability to interpret and follow written directions, blueprints, and engineering diagrams
- Basic math skills to meet technical specifications and measurements
- Basic understanding of tools (ex. Tape measure, impact drill, wire crimpers, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in wiring or installing electrical components OR completion of a technical vocational program
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending, kneeling, and performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must have manual dexterity in order to assemble products or machines as directed.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to differentiate between colored wires, tabs, and electronic components.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Job Function : Manufacturing