Role Description: The Systems Administrator will lead our IT team, directly working at our location in Fontana. This role will support the corporate Windows and Linux server infrastructure, both physical and virtual, which includes responding to 1st-3rd level support issues and assisting with production and infrastructure systems. The Systems Administrator will be comfortable in rapidly assessing, analyzing, and resolving complex issues and will know when to engage other IT staff and contractors for assistance. Individual will not be afraid to get their hands dirty when fixing issues or deploying equipment as needed to get the job done.
This individual will be expected to take the lead in the department with little oversight needed from upper management and will possess superior organizational skills, communication skills and sound judgment. The ideal candidate will be a personable self-starter with a team-player mind set which includes taking the time to train junior team members. The individual will be flexible and able to adapt their schedule as needed to occasionally troubleshoot, deploy hardware/services, or fix issues when the need arises outside of normal business hours with occasional O/T as needed.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides comprehensive knowledge and expertise across Windows, Linux and VMWare based systems
• Provides server administration (Windows/Linux)
• Provides virtualization environment administration (VMWare)
• Storage management (SAN/NAS/iSCSI)
• Backup, archiving and restoring management (Synology)
• Take responsibility for proactive activities – such as monitoring configuration, capacity planning, problem management and sharing of knowhow – in areas of ownership.
• Liaising with hardware, software vendors and the company
• Addresses and resolves help desk requests as needed
• Logs all requests in the ticketing system for tracking of metrics and support
• Documents resolutions and updates IT team
• Analyzes and resolves incidents and requests regarding all hardware, software, printing, and network issues.
• Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
• Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of systems and network infrastructure supported
• Maintain up to date firmware on all switches, routers, and firewalls.
• Maintain windows updates for all servers
• Provides after hours and on-call support as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Advanced troubleshooting capabilities for hardware, software, and networking.
• Displays deep and broad knowledge in relevant technical skills sets.
• Follows logical process for problem identification.
• A willingness to work proactively and offer solutions.
• Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally both in written and verbal form.
• Professionally interface with all levels of the organization, as well as high-profile individuals, clients, and vendors.
• Read and decipher materials and documents with the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• A strong work ethic, strong organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on multiple assignments from beginning to end with accountability for the results.
• Ability to assess circumstances and problem solve with minimal supervision.
• ITIL Foundation
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux systems (Build/Configure/Maintain)
• Experience with vCenter/VMware
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
• Knowledge and experience with VMware/SAN solutions.
• Knowledge and experience with storage environment (SAN/NAS/iSCSI)
• Experience of supporting Windows 10, Azure & Office 365 for Business
• Knowledge of help desk ticketing system. (Solar Winds Service Desk)
• Knowledge of DNS, DHCP configurations
• Knowledge of SQL is preferred
• 5+ years in similar Role
• Degree in related field preferred, but may be replaced with relevant experience
• Cover letter and industry-based references or letters of recommendation must be provided.
• English speaker required, bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Conditions of Employment
• Valid US passport or ability to acquire one as needed for occasional travel to secondary Mexico location (1- 2 times per year).
• Due to company needs, this is not a work from home position and may never transition to such role 100%.
• NOTE: Company policy requires individual to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required and verified.
Pay Rate, Benefits and Schedule
• $85k - $95k/yr., salaried with planned yearly increases
• Vacation, PTO’s & sick time
• Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
• Company matched 401k
• Full time position, Mon – Fr
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in person at
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""