Taquero - Full-time
Taquero - Full-time
To cook, prep and fry products part of Northgate’s library of recipes. Maintain the confidentiality of recipes; to follow the health regulations established by the department of sanitation and Northgate Markets. Maintain quality and presentation expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be able to order product as needed and practice good rotation to ensure product freshness
- Have a high level of engagement with the customer
- Must exhibit service behaviors as defined by Northgate market
- Must service customers quickly to ensure positive customer experience
- Order accuracy to ensure positive customer experience
- Must work quickly and efficiently – Maintain a high level of productivity
- Must be available during peak hours / busiest times
- Create a good work environment with high level of engagement with other associates
- Have a passion for food quality
- Ensure product quality is up to Northgate standards
- Ensure seating areas and cleaned and supplies are replenished as needed
- Have ingredients ready to work and must stay at workstations at all time
- Must take corrective actions with any customer complaints to ensure positive customer experience
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation; ensure that we maintain a sanitary work environment by sanitizing surfaces and utensils during food production as needed
- Check inventory of ingredients and supplies and ensure that they are replenished as needed
- Responsible for production of food products according the recipes of Northgate Markets.
- Follow the recipes and norms of production established by Northgate Markets,
- Execute daily production with the assistance of the production planning program; adjust production as needed depending on variables such as special events, weather, and other factors
- Accurately rotate the products; label and date all food products following FIFO rules
- Maintain control of inventory of the products on display and in the refrigerators following FIFO rules
- Replenish product according current assortment and customer necessities maintaining highest quality standards
- Execute daily menu based off schematics set by cocina department supervisor
- Offer rapid and friendly service to the customers; help the customer service line when necessary.
- Review the quality of the products before offering them to the customers.
- Offer suggestions to the customers on what they should purchase and notify them of the various sales.
- Be able to work in a team; communicate effectively with coworkers and leads
- Receive products from vendors or the warehouse in absence of the prepared foods lead.
- Minimize shrink and utilize known loss tracking tool to report waste.
- Maintain the refrigerators clean and organized according to the rules of sanitation and 5S
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
- Develop and cross-train other employees if needed.
- Execute ready times and maintain hours of operation as specified by the department.
- At the end of shift, check in with department lead to ensure conditions are appropriate for the following shift.
- Follow food safety guidelines assuring product temperatures are being recorded and followed.
- Meet safe handling practices when placing product to sell.
- Maintain quality assurance of any outsourced product through communication with prepared foods leads. Maintain the work area clean and organized; clean and organize the workstation before the end of your shift, including all of the work equipment; follow all of the rules of hygiene, personal appearance and uniform established by the department of sanitation and Northgate Markets. Ensure all equipment is properly working before use, if not follow guidelines to report.
- Follow any new safety regulations that are added.
- Utilize all PPE as instructed and ensure that PPE is in clean and good working conditions.
- Report any unsafe practices / conditions in equipment to your lead.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- High school diploma preferred but not absolutely required.
- Should have a minimum of one year experience in overall department operations with successful or concurrent participation in a management training program; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Safety Handling certificate
- Must have sufficient math skills to understand the measurements for prepping / cooking each recipe.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency in order to read and understand:
- instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools
- company handbooks, policies and procedures
- other written job‑related documents including postings on company bulletin boards.
- Be fully knowledgeable and thoroughly familiar with the nature and duties of every staff position in the department including procedures, policies and operations.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being drug‑free under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 70 pounds carrying bulk containers of food and beverage products and frequently exert or lift negligible amounts of weight.
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment includes occasional exposure to low temperatures in refrigerated and frozen food storage areas and frequent exposure to or near heated ovens and high temperatures.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Customer Service