Job Title: Truck Driver
Wage Grade: 4
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Revised: July 2018
Drives freight truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives truck to destination, and prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- Maintains driving log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Complete all required accident reports accurately.
- Follow all safety and legal requirements, as required by locality.
- Places appropriate placards on truck when load requires it.
- May perform other utility work when truck work is not available.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Uses blocks, rope, tarps, chains and cables to secure cargo during transit.
- Keeps equipment clean, and in proper working order.
- Provides service to truck such as filling up gas, oil, air, grease, water, etc.
- Performs minor repairs; recognizes/reports mechanical deficiencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
High school education, or three years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid California Class "A" or Class “B” drivers license
Medical card and HAZMAT Endorsement
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondences. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Follows prescribed standards or guidelines. May use tools/equipment/apply technical skills involving some judgment. Work is supervised and subject to check.
While performing normal duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands frequently. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception to read instruments, operate material handling equipment and identify plant color code system. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""