A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a Shipping Lead, you will play an important part in leading the Outbound team by ensuring all outbound shipments are processed according to client and customer needs. This position will involve frequently lifting and moving boxes from 20 – 50 lbs. and wrapping pallets the entire shift. You’ll be working with products from awesome clients that are heavily involved in the active lifestyle.
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
A successful Shipping Lead will love a fast paced, physically demanding environment that works well under pressure and tight deadlines. You will need a very high attention to detail, great delegation skills, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities. You will be on the front lines ensuring that processes are being followed, production KPIs are being met, and that all orders are shipped within SLA requirements. Enjoying communicating, engaging, motivating and strategizing with a team with a positive and enthusiastic 'can do' attitude will be traits that align with success in this role.
The following schedule(s) are available for this role:
1st Shift: Monday - Friday, 5:00AM - 1:30PM
1st Shift: Saturday - Wednesday, 5:00AM - 1:30PM
2nd Shift: Monday - Friday, 1:30PM - 10:00PM
$20.00 - $21.00 per hour
13169 Slover Ave, Fontana, CA 92336 (LC)
All About You
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Experience with a warehouse management system (WMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties, follow through assignments with a minimum of direction, and be extremely detail oriented
- Experience in leading shipping personnel to ensure all assigned activities are performed effectively and efficiently
- Has the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
The Must Haves:
- Must be in good standing in your position (i.e., good attendance, performance, no PIPs within last 3 months)
- Must make your current Supervisor/Manager aware of your interest BEFORE submitting your application
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook
- Must have physical ability to carry out essential job functions, including but not limited to, the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., walking and standing for extended periods, climbing ladders/stairs, and tolerating conditions such as dust, dirt, noise, odors, heat, cold, etc.
Things You Will be Doing
- Oversee the training and cross-training of shipping employees
- Lead and delegate a variety of shipping tasks while working within SLA and vendor compliance requirements
- Collaborate with the Shipping Supervisor by planning labor requirements based on forecast and direction from the Client Services team
- Ensures outbound product are loaded and shipped according to assigned carrier
- Ensures custom retailer carton labels are generated and applied in the correct position
- Consolidate shipment requirements based off Customers' request
- Following NRI safety rules, safety procedures, security protocol and standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Keeps work and storage areas in a safe, clean, and tidy condition at all times
- Performs other duties as requested
NRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Shipping Lead (Internal) - NRI - Career Page (applytojob.com)