About Cedar House Life Change Center
Cedar House Life Change Center (CHLCC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. What started as a small 12-bed alcohol treatment facility for men in 1973, named "Amigo House", is now a 125-bed treatment facility and we are growing! The staff at Cedar House is passionate and dedicated to improving the lives of those suffering from Substance Use Disorders.
Cedar House was awarded Top Work Places in 2021 and is an excellent place to begin developing your skills in the treatment and rehabilitation of our clients. Our organization encourages our employees to grow in their positions and promotes from within. We have multi-tiered positions that enable qualified employees to promote into higher positions with higher pay ranges! We offer comprehensive benefits package (see below)!
Come join our great team and help us to continue to provide high quality Substance Use Treatment. Use this exciting opportunity with Cedar House to develop your abilities in the rehabilitation field and grow in your career!
Will ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Maple House Women with Children Program. Will act as a role model for participants and their children.
Duty Statement and Responsibilities
· Conduct intake with all beneficiaries including ROI’s and orientation to program.
· Knowledge of assessments, CalOms forms, and consent forms.
· Manage bed assignments.
· Maintain documentation in beneficiary record which includes updated case note, discharge note, and shift reports.
· Oversee the self-administration of medication.
· Receive briefing from prior shift personnel on recent developments.
· Observe and report beneficiary behavior to case managers and document in beneficiary chart as well as shift report in EHR.
· Ensure beneficiaries attend all meetings and groups if physically able.
· Conduct walk-throughs of facility and beneficiary rooms every 30 minutes and provide documentation of walk-through during 3rd shift.
· Knowledgeable of Confidentiality laws, policies, and procedures.
· Answer telephones and become knowledgeable with referral procedures.
· Complete continuing education and trainings as required by Cedar House, County and State mandates
· Transportation of beneficiaries as needed.
· Assistance with childcare when needed.
· Facilitate Mommy and Me groups with beneficiaries.
· Maintain a professional demeanor.
· Perform other duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Understanding of the nature of alcohol/drug addiction and recovery process.
* Certified or registered upon hire under an accredited drug and alcohol certification program.
* Ability to address stressful situations in a calm manner and be able to communicate in a positive way.
* Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
* Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
· Excellent Benefits to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
· 403b Retirement Plan Company matched at $1: $1 up to 6% of Annual Salary
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Vacation 2 weeks accrued per year initially, then incrementally more with longevity
· Sick Leave 48 hours accrued for first year, then 48 hours of sick leave are provided at the beginning of each new year thereafter
· Holidays 12 paid per year
$17.50 - $22.00 per hour
*Staff members interested in applying for this position please forward an email with a letter of interest with an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
***The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable***.